Please Note: In an effort to keep our readers informed in the areas that matter most as we approach the End of These Times and better utilize the limited time available to us we will post what used to be posted on Did you know that...?, Private Forum, Public Forum Part II and Points to Ponder About on this one single page.
Published on January 30th, 2010
Did you know that..... subjecting one's body to harsh physical punishment is not a preferred method by God?
If we want to offer bodily suffering to God (besides fasting, walking to a sanctuary, kneeling up the stairs to a Basilica, etc. (2)) for whatever intentions - our sins, the sins of others, conversion of X or Y, etc. - we are to present to God, through prayer, a "blank check" for the intentions that you wish to suffer. He will decide when, how and the extent.
We know - we use such method and, at times, the "account against which the check was drawn" barely had enough "funds to cover said check" but somehow God saw to it that they were stretched to cover "the collection of said blank check".
Why subjecting one's body to harsh physical punishment is not a "preferred method"?
Using such techniques our ego or masked/repressed sexual desires may enter into play at the subconcious level. Let us not forget that sadism and masochism are two ways to express deviant sexual pleasure and satan would not miss an opportunity like a soul willing to suffer to twist the situation and harm the soul. When we fully and truly defer to God - satan is blocked.
The only reference that we have found in the Holy Scriptures regarding self inflicted harm follows:
26 And they took the bullock which he gave them, and dressed it: and they called on the name of Baal from morning even till noon, saying: O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered: and they leaped over the altar that they had made. 27 And when it was now noon, Elias jested at them, saying: Cry with a louder voice: for he is a God, and perhaps he is talking, or is in an inn, or on a journey, or perhaps he is asleep, and must be awaked. 28 So they cried with a loud voice, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till they were all covered with blood.[1 Kings 18]
We realize that our statement will "raise a few eyebrows", so to speak, but that is precisely why we exist. Just think of the "eyebrows" Our Lord Jesus Christ and John the Baptizer caused to rise?
(1) For example...
(2) As part of the communications associated with Our Lady of the Rosary of Fátima the faithful were informed not to seek additional mortification to offer to God, but to offer/accept any and all difficulties that we encounter in our daily lives for: Love of Jesus, in reparation for the offenses committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary and for the conversion of poor sinners.
From (Mr.) LP @ USA
I have read the English translation of “The Crusade of Fatima” (the 1947-1948 edition, written by John DeMarchi. Generally, this book is consistent with your own articles on Fatima (1). My comments within brackets , my highlights in bold type.
1. The tone of the book is serene and peaceful. Despite its “Crusade” title, it is not a call to arms; it is a call to prayer.
of the account of the 5/13/17 apparition is a promise of a 7th appearance of Mary at
She said, “I came to ask you to come here for six consecutive months, on the thirteenth day, at
this same hour. I will tell you later who I am and what I want. And I shall return here a seventh
time.” (p. 15)
47 contains his translation of the July 13 secret that has been revealed so far. In some ways, it
is like your previous translation, and in some ways it is like the new one you set forth in the
last several days.
52-53 contain Jacinta’s vision of the “Holy Father in a very big house” and her vision of
“all those roads and lanes and fields covered with people crying from hunger” and “the Holy
Father in a church praying before the Immaculate Heart of Mary.”
74) Mary appeared to the children on 8/19/17, at Valinhos, as a reward for their fidelity under
persecution. She said, “In the last month, in October, I shall perform a miracle so that all may
believe in my apparitions. If they had not taken you to the village, the miracle would have been
greater. Saint Joseph will come with the Baby Jesus to give peace to the world. Our Lord also will
come to bless the people. Beside, Our Lady of the Rosary and Our Lady of Sorrows will come.” I
did not know of these additional apparitions that were part of the October 13 miracle until
102) In the discussion of the October 13 miracle, there is this: “Our Lord would have stopped
the great World War then raging and given peace to the world through Saint Joseph, Jacinta later
declared, if the children had not been arrested and taken to Ourem.”
[ How great an effect some “small” events can have on the whole world! ]
the Third Secret: “It was only after many years that any of the substance of this secret
revelation was made known by Lucia; and even to this date there are important words of
Our Lady yet undisclosed.” (p. 110) [Bold added by me]
8. As Jacinta was dying, she prophesied World War II. She told Lucia, “I think of Francisco and how I’d love to see him. But I also think of the war that is going to come. So many people will die and so many will go to Hell. Many cities will be burned to the ground and many priests will be killed. Look, Lucia, I’m going to Heaven. But when you see that night lightened by the strange light, you also run away to Heaven.” [Lucia replied] “Don’t you see it’s impossible to run away to Heaven?” (p. 123)
pp. 148-149, there is the history of the initial investigation of Fatima by the diocesan bishop,
including an account of his interview with Lucia on 6/13/21.
11. PP. 155-161 cover Lucia’s history from 1927 onward, including her apparitions of Christ and of Mary, and their requests and warnings. Key points:
• In 1927, at Tuy, Lucia “received permission from Heaven to reveal the first two parts of the secret, the vision of Hell, and the urgent need for devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. ... Lucia informed her confessors, her Mother Provincial, the Bishop of Leiria, and the Reverend Joseph Galamba of this. The third part of the secret revealed to the three children at the Cova de Iria on July 13, 1917, has not yet been revealed. According to instructions from above, Lucia has written it down. It was sealed and by an order of the Bishop of Leiria placed in his diocesan archives. No one but Lucia knows its contents and it is to be opened and read in 1960.” (p. 155, bold added by me)
• Two years later, in 1929, Our Lady again appeared to Lucia while she was praying in the chapel at Tuy,” to request “the consecration of Russia to my Immaculate Heart.” (p. 155)
• (p. 156, bold added by me) “Lucia made known this request to her confessors. One of them, the Reverend Francisco Rodrigues, SJ, told her to write it down. He showed this letter to the Bishop and gave him the full details. Father Rodrigues also had it brought to the attention of the Holy Father. Three years passed during which nothing was accomplished. Lucia again wrote again to the Bishop, adding the words of Our Lord, “ ... the Holy Father will consecrate Russia to Me, but it will be late.”
• (pp. 156-157) Lucia told Father Jongen that, “We did not know whether it meant a Pope or a king. However, Our Lady did speak of Pius XI.” “But the war did not begin under Pius XI,” Father Jongen countered. “The annexation of Austria gave occasion for the war,” replied Lucia. “When the Munich Accord was made, the sisters rejoiced for they thought that peace was secured. Unhappily, I know more than they.” “And what about that great sign that God was going to give the world that He was going to punish it for its crimes?” “Lucia answered that this sign was the occurrence of the ‘Great Northern Lights’ of 1939 when unusual lights appeared in the skies of the world.”
• (p. 158) The consecration performed by Pius XII in late 1942 “was a decisive event in the history of the world; it marks the beginning of a new era, the Age of Mary. The following spring, Our Blessed Lord appeared to Lucia to express the joy of His Heart over this consecration. Lucia tells about it in her letter to the Bishop of Gurza, her spiritual director. ... “Your Excellency,” Lucia wrote, “The good Lord has already shown me His pleasure in the act of the Holy Father and the various Bishops, although incomplete according to His desire. In exchange, He promises to bring the war soon to an end, but the conversion of Russia will not take place yet: if the Bishops of Spain heed the desires of Our Lord and engage in a true reform of the people ... good; if not, she (Russia) will again be the enemy with which God will punish them once more.”
159) Lucia said, “This is the penance which the good Lord now asks: the sacrifice that every
person has to impose on himself is to lead a life of justice in the observance of His Law. He
requires that this way be made known to souls. For many, thinking that the word penance means
great austerities and not feeling in themselves the strength or generosity for these, lose heart
and rest in a life of lukewarmness and sin. Last Thursday, at midnight, while I was in chapel with
my superiors’ permission, Our Lord said to me, ‘The sacrifice required of every person is the
fulfillment of his duties in life and the observance of My law. This is the penance I now seek and
(1) Index of Fatima Documents published by The M+G+R Foundation
Published on January 28th, 2010
Can you tell me if you think America is "Mystery Babylon The Great" spoken of in Isaiah, Jeremiah and Rev 17,18?
A. That is a question that has a two part answer since Babylon the Great is represented in the civil world as well as in the religious world.
You may find the full response at:
Did you know that...? in the Posting of July 4th 2009
From (Mr.) IW @ USA
The US invaded Iraq on 3/20/03, took Baghdad on 4/9/03, and declared "major combat" to be over on 5/1/03. Therefore, the US will have been (literally) "king of Babylon" for 7 years, ending sometime in March or April.
If "7 years" is 7 years of 30-day months (twice 1,260 days), the seven years end sometime in February or March.
If "7 years" is twice the two mystical date numbers given in Daniel 12:11-12 (1,290 or 1,335 days), then the "7 years" of American rule of (literal) Babylon end between April and August of this year.
Wouldn't it be strange if this time period (February through August) maps out the duration of parts of the Sequence (1)?
(1) Sequence of Events
Did you know that.... the Marian Movement of Priests now claim (1) that: "The triumph of my Immaculate Heart will coincide with the return of Christ in glory." .....
The M+G+R Foundation comments: Upon reviewing a letter sent to fr. Roux, MMP USA Director, on September 29, 2000 (2), we realized that the documents, from which we had quoted, had disappeared from their Site. A supporter did a thorough search of their pages and could not find any of the documents quoted except the one about the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart (1) which had been rewritten to define the Triumph as shown above.
The original statement [September 13, 2000 - by electronic Date Stamp] read thus:
We shall soon publish another vision of said Triumph which had been there for all to see since the published part of the Secret saw the light decades ago, yet has not been seen until now.
Published on January 26th, 2010
“The prohibition ‘Thou Shalt Not Murder’” applies only “to a Jew who kills a Jew,” write Rabbis Yitzhak Shapira and Yosef Elitzur of the West Bank settlement of Yitzhar. Non-Jews are “uncompassionate by nature” and attacks on them “curb their evil inclination,” while babies and children of Israel’s enemies may be killed since “it is clear that they will grow to harm us.”
“The King’s Torah (Torat Hamelech), Part One: Laws of Life and Death between Israel and the Nations,” a 230-page compendium of Halacha, or Jewish religious law, published by the Od Yosef Chai yeshiva in Yitzhar, garnered a front-page exposé in the Israeli tabloid Ma’ariv, which called it the stuff of “Jewish terror.” (1)
In that brief presentation a true Christian faithful will recognize what we have repeatedly said about the fundamental difference between the Church of the East - Orthodox Catholic (2) - and the Church of the West - Roman Catholic: There is none except in certain outward liturgical practices.
I read this and chuckled to myself (maybe it's just me), but considering that Jesus managed with just 12 disciples, this seems a little ridiculous:
"The communiqué revealed that the largest item of the budget is that concerning the payment of the 2,668 employees of the Holy See."
That's from an article on Zenit (1) titled "Vatican Accounts Could Improve in 2010".
So, if the "largest item" of the Vatican's budget is giving money to 2,668 Vatican employees, what exactly does that mean? It sounds like the Vatican is probably as good a place to work as Congress is here in the USA.
Not completely changing the subject, but that article made me think of the guy last year on Facebook [on Zenit (2) ] who was suggesting (as many have before) that the Vatican should exchange its treasures for food. The official response from the Vatican was basically the Church "cannot sell them" - which is directly contrary to:
So, while the Vatican continues to ignore perfectly clear verses like Matthew 19:21 above, I wonder how long before the "Official Catholic Bible" starts to resemble top-secret documents released by the CIA... with lots of blacked-out material. (3)
God is Good!
(3) The M+G+R Foundation Comments: They have been doing it already for a long time in conjunction with the always New and Improved versions of Marian Messages. Because most of the Faithful believe in the Church Administrators and not in God, they can get away with it.
Do you wonder.... what is the most effective way to ratchet up more draconian measures to allegedly fight terrorism after having prepared "the ground" with the Christmas Day terrorist attempt?
Produce a tape with the "voice" of Osama bin Laden taking all the credit for it. (1) When will the masses in the US and the UK realize that they are being "played like a violin"?
The answer: When it is too late to do anything about it.
Do you still cannot see how the media is used to give shape to the mind and will of the masses? Take a look.... (2) The not-so-conservative crowd point their collective fingers at Fox News.... without realizing that all are doing the same and molding the mind of the masses "in the same format". The stridency of Fox has a purpose.... people do not notice what the others are also doing.
(1) Bin Laden claims airline bomb attempt on Christmas
(2) Never Mind the Facts, Let's Have a War...
Home Page | English | Español | Portugues
Search Page | Index of Documents
Disclaimer | About Us | Contact
Back Up Home Page (Mirror Site)